Our focus is to bring the body of Christ together in worship and prayer. These guidelines are here to provide structure to Joppa House.
Read this with a mindset of love and understanding of the various beliefs of our fellow believers.
- Feel free to sit, stand or pace the aisles while you pray. Remember, there are many backgrounds represented in the prayer room and we want to be sensitive to one another.
- You may come and go freely, pray, meditate or study. We desire to create an atmosphere where the sweet presence of God exists for us to enjoy and converse with Him.
- At times,there may a microphone for short prayers or new prayer direction given. This is not a microphone that is open for long prayers or teaching. Please keep prayers to less than 3 minutes.
- Do not prophecy to one another. This is a time of worship and prayer. If The Lord gives you a word of encouragement for someone, write it down and deliver to them in a separate private setting of your choice. It is a good idea to have a second person present to ensure the word is a word that brings exhortation and comfort.
- Do not lay hands on or give personal ministry to others during this time. If someone needs personal ministry, please direct them to our prayer team that is ready to pray privately with them in a separate area designated for this.
- Keep personal conversations very short and quiet if absolutely necessary. We do not want to be a distraction to others.
- Feel free to pray out loud or silently but be sure your personal volume does not exceed the platform volume. When singing or praying, limit your volume so that it does not become a distraction to those around you.
- Do not pray in a way that brings attention to yourself. Jesus did not condemn public prayer but did condemn prayer that focused attention on ourselves. Matthew 6:5
- If your faith allows you to speak or pray in tongues, feel free to do so. Do so in a low volume or soft manner that is not offensive to others. 1 Corinthians 14:18-19
- Child care is provided for 0-5 years. If your child is 6 or older, they should remain in the the prayer room. Please do not allow them to roam the halls but rather train and encourage them to participate in worship and prayer in a quiet manner. Proverbs 22:6
- It is important that we all prefer one another in a spirit of love and dwell together in unity. Psalms 133:1 Acts 2:1-2 Ephesians 4:4-6 & 12-16
- Use this time to strengthen your vertical relationship with God. As a result, your horizontal influence with people and our community will be empowered.